Losers UNlimited!

Support for people attempting to lose weight, many of whom are using Reductil

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Yay! I Start Today!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
missmanx

PostSubject: Yay! I Start Today!   Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:48 pm

Yippeeeeee! My Dr has let me start on Reductil, I am so excited! We discussed side effects etc and I think he was pretty impressed that I seemed to know so much about it and that I had thought long and hard and done my research. All I have to hope now is that I don't have any serious side effects!

He has started me on the 15mg which I was a bit surprised about but I guess he got a shock when he saw the scales when I jumped on them! Laughing

I have been thinking a lot the last few days about my reasons for needing to lose weight. I say 'needing' because its not just about wanting to look nice in my wedding dress any more. I am classed as morbidly obese with a bmi of almost 40 and I am 34 years old. There is a history of coronary heart disease in my family (mum is only 56 and she has recently had a big heart scare), and both my parents take medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol. I was also recently turned down for income protection insurance because I am to heavy.

So, time to do something about it and make some serious changes in my life. Lucky for me those changes will have the added bonus of me looking fantastic on my wedding day!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyway, no need to ramble any longer. I have work to do and some planning to ensure that I eat well!

Chat soon everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
missmanx

PostSubject: Re: Yay! I Start Today!   Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Oh, and I forgot to say, I have to have a fasting blood test next week and my blood pressure is a little high. We aren't too concerned about the bp as I got a bit of a shock this morning that has had me pretty wound up! A friend that works private security in iraq has been seriously injured and has had some surgery over there and is being airlifted to the uk tomorrow for more surgery. Hes going to be ok but he wont be going back to work.
Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: Yay! I Start Today!   Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:53 pm

Laughing well good luck missmanx and you will just beauiful for your wedding.Im only on 10mg but that ok.the only side effect i get is a dry mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIN

PostSubject: Re: Yay! I Start Today!   Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:02 pm

way to go missmanx -- hope you got your smear done while you were there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
missmanx

PostSubject: Re: Yay! I Start Today!   Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:08 pm

Ummmm...... nope! Embarassed

Dr never mentioned it either! I have got a flat out week next week including a day off work to take my son to Hamilton boys high for their open day (we are hoping for a place there for him next year!), so it wont be possible. If I dont manage to get it done in the next couple of weeks I will make sure I do when I go back to the Dr for a weigh in after four weeks on reductil.

I promise!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yay! I Start Today!   

Back to top Go down

Yay! I Start Today!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Losers UNlimited! :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: