Losers UNlimited!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losers UNlimited!

Support for people attempting to lose weight, many of whom are using Reductil

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weekends.... How do you cope?

Go down 
+2
Winnie
missmanx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
missmanx

Weekends.... How do you cope? Empty
PostSubject: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 4:02 pm

I have just been thinking about my weekend eating. Every other diet plan I have ever been on seems to fall to bits at the weekends. In our house there is always lots planned so mealtimes often fall at unusual times and of course the dear fiance likes to have a drink or three when hes not working.
If we have a bit of a lie in on Sundays often its bacon and eggs etc for brunch which I find hard to resist and lunches are a free for all and dinner usually something quick and easy or if time permits, a roast.

I've just realised that it should be different now that I am on reductil. I doubt that the odd mealtimes will matter much and I can still have an egg and a lean slice of bacon, and the best thing is, I will be full after that and not tempted to overindulge. I will have to be careful about alcohol tho!!

I would be interested to hear from those of you that have been on reductil for a couple of weeks now. Were the weekends hard for you before and have things gotten easier now that you are on reductil?

Thanks everyone! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:48 am

To be honest I still eat pretty much what my family does, but I dish up smaller portions for myself. I still have a drink or two without any problems.

This is my second weekend and I don't even think about food so much now, it's quite unbelievable really.

I would suggest you use smaller portions, and if something is really fat laden
then I'd go for a liter option.

sunny
Back to top Go down
missmanx

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 3:23 pm

Well, my weekend went pretty well. A few drinks involved (naughty!) but foodwise far better than usual. I didn't think about food or get hungry like I usually do but I find that I need to remind myself not to eat so much. I cooked a family roast at dads last night because my brother was staying and after I had dished up my meal I looked down and realised that I had given myself far too much food. I think its going to take some getitng used to realising that I dont need so much to fill me anymore!

All that aside, a sneaky look at the scales this morning has shown me a 2.5kg loss in 4 days so I am pretty happy! That first week is always the best so that wont happen often - I am aiming for 1kg a week, that should get me down to a more acceptable size for the wedding dress!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:23 pm

Well after posting, I had a terrible weekend pig
Just wanted to eat all the time...maybe I need the 15 mg pills?

Have sweet cravings this week, must get a hold of myself!

affraid
Back to top Go down
xserendipityx

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:20 pm

How are those cravings going Winnie? Do you still get them? I haven't had any cravings for anything yet and fingers crossed it stays that way. alien
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:34 am

Hi X, well now I'm back on my antidepressant today, I'm not having cravings, and I feel much better!

Thank Goodness!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 2:48 pm

Ouch! Winnie, no wonder you felt so bad - when you come off most of these antidepressants you have to wean off really slowly, I think I did it over 3 months when I came off them once! I actually had another severe depressive episode about 6 months later, so have elected to stay on them permanently, and so far seems to be no prob taking teh Arapax and teh Reductil.
Back to top Go down
https://losers.forumotion.com
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:24 am

Cool Kaye Very Happy

I've come off antidepressants in the past and end up back on them...I'm taking them for life from now on...

Still don't feel so great though, and am thinking I may have to stop the reductil.
I feel light headed and dizzy a lot which brings on nausea..not sure what to do???? scratch
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:13 am

I have heard of quite a few people suffering nausea when they first start on antiepressants, so especially because you have been 'eratic' with them, I wonder if they're whats causing it. Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://losers.forumotion.com
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:47 am

pale i hope u dont have to stop reductil. flower cheer up
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:09 pm

I'm restarting reductil next week, my dizziness has subside heaps and I think it's from a tummy bug my daughter and I had - yukky .

So I'm going to start on the 10 mg then after 2 weeks I will swap over to the 15 mgs hopefully.

I have been trying to eat better, and to stop when I feel comfortable and not to wait until I"m stuffed and overfilled.
I hoping reductil will help me shrink my stretched tummy.... lol!
Back to top Go down
serena07

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:41 am

Many persons cope with their loss and I its very difficult to cope with their loss. Its so painful and some persons have bad experience from any loss. messages of sympathy really work to heal their pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekends.... How do you cope?   Weekends.... How do you cope? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekends.... How do you cope?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Losers UNlimited! :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: