Losers UNlimited!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losers UNlimited!

Support for people attempting to lose weight, many of whom are using Reductil

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Side Effects

Go down 
+4
LIN
Kaye
mattie171
Mehrtsmagic
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mehrtsmagic

Mehrtsmagic

Side Effects - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Ok, me again with the rash!   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 4:41 am

Its still there, but not any worse. It may also be a bit stress related, as yesterday I got some results on other things, and I am off for surgery next week - needing 5 weeks off work. So, I will not take reductil next week when in Hospital, but will be glad to have it whilst recuperating at home - cos boredom always makes me eat.

Anyway, along with my rash, I also am having trouble sleeping - another side affect. It's getting worse each night unfortunately, with only sleeping for about 3 hours total in 2 lots. i am hoping tonight I can get a few extra hours in.....its all go eh!!!
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Sad Poor Mehrts - all the best for the surgery! Just a suggestion - have you heard of, or considered taking arnica before your surgery? I had major surgery about nine years ago, and had a friend suggested arnica. I figured it was worth a try, and I can only put it down to the arnica, but I recovered so much faster than previous surgeries ( my surgeon had told me I'd probably be in hospital for a week, or maybe only 6 days if I was doing well - on the 3rd day after surgery he told me I was okay to go home the following day if I wanted to! bounce
UNfortunately, I forgot to follow my own advice - should have taken it before the tooth extraction!
Back to top Go down
https://losers.forumotion.com
LIN

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 4:58 pm

Who was saying they had some trouble with periods while on reductil? I am day 10 reductil and just got another period 14 days since the last one. I have always had a strictly 28 day cycle so cant help but wonder if it has something to do with the reductil. Anybody else experiencing mucked up cycles?
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 5:00 pm

good luck for your surgery.Keep us up dated
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 5:45 pm

flower no LIN i dont get periods thank god for that.You lot can have them. lol!
Back to top Go down
missmanx

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:17 pm

jocolor I am such an idot!

I was all excited and took my first pill right after I got them. Now I have realised that I forgot my lunch and I am stuck at work with nothing til one of the kids gets here after school (then I can send one out to get me something). I'm certainly not feeling hungry but I feel like I should eat something. Had a rummage in my bag and found choccy and I thought ah well, I am going to be eating healthily from here on in so I might as well eat it. Well, ewwww yuk! My doc did warn me that my taste sensations may change and it looks like choc is going to taste different for me! Not a bad thing I suppose and that will teach me for eating when I shouldn't have!!
Very Happy cat
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:28 pm

lol! that will teach you.Have a good nite im off back off to work cheers
Back to top Go down
LIN

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:31 pm

i cant believe you found chocolate in your bag! You will do well on your diet!! Anyone who can carry chocolate round in their hand bag has great control! Smile mines usually in my gob before i've left the shop. pig
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 2:40 am

In reply to the periods question - I cant help either - hysterectomy about 89 years ago - yay! sunny
Back to top Go down
xserendipityx

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi everyone. I'm on day 3. The only side effect I've had is a dry mouth. I'm drinking over 2 litres of water a day and all the running up and down the stairs to the loo at work has to be good exercise. Laughing I had a bit of a racing heart on the first day but nothing since. Doc put me on the 15mgs. I've got so much energy and definately a decreased appetite.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:20 pm

xserendipityx how many kgs do you want to loose?

And the 15 mg pills are ok ?

flower
Back to top Go down
xserendipityx

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:42 pm

Hi Winnie,
I want to lose about 13kgs. I don't know if it's possible but I'm sure going to try. I'm really loving the 15mg ones. I've got heaps of energy and just feel good about myself. How much do you want to lose?
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 1:31 am

Hi xserendipityx - I'm on the 15mgs too, and likewise hvae found them ok so far.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 5:17 pm

Hi X...I want to loose 15 kgs.

Feeling dizzy a lot though, have restarted prozac today as was feeling down, whereas last week I felt fantastic with heaps of energy etc.

Thinking of trying the 15 mg next month but am worried I might react Question

I feel like bingeing all the time, so I just might need the stronger ones.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:41 pm

Hmm did an interesting search on google on stopping prozac abruptly like I did (cos I thought reductil being an antidepressant would carry me through).
The side effects are what I have been feeling, so maybe it's not the reductil causing it.
Quote_Effects associated with abrupt discontinuation of fluoxetine include vertigo/light-headedness, fatigue, nausea, dizziness, headache, insomnia, abdominal cramps, increased or strange dreams, chills, agitation and anxiety._unquote.

Interesting, and I'm glad I looked it up as I was considering not taking reductil.

By the way - has anyone experienced dizziness since taking reductil?

sunny
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:48 pm

Who's got the rash?...can't remember who drunken but a side effect of taking an antidepressant is Allergic or Toxic Rash, Pruritus (skin inflammation), and reductil was first produced as an antidepressant before it was used as a weight control pill.
Maybe this is a reaction? I hope it passes for you

Wendy
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:46 am

OK it's ME again *rolls eyes*

I restarted Prozac today and by 5 pm I felt wonderful!-I'd been experiencing withdrawal side effects from the cessation of Prozac.Feel heaps today.Back to how I felt that first week, less hungry and more energy.Yay!

Good to hear what that rash is too by the way .. hope you feel good real soon.
flower
Back to top Go down
xserendipityx

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 3:09 pm

Glad you're back on the prozac Winnie and that it's working for you. Hopefully that will be the end of the cravings.
Back to top Go down
missmanx

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:15 pm

Just wondering if anyone else is having a disrupted menstrual cycle - Lin, I think you mentioned that yours came early? I'm feeling like poos at the moment, terrible sharp low down pains similar to the ovulation pain I get every month but worse. I am spotting a little which is not unusual for me. Ovulation only usually lasts a couple of hours for me but this has been goin on for almost 24hrs. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with reductil but I would say not. If I still have it tomorrow I am going to see my doc.

Eating wise, I only get hungry if I dont eat at regular mealtimes. No cravings for anything either which is good. I do need to get myself a bit more organised tho and bring something healthy for lunch. Dinner isn't much of a prob, I just eat smaller portions and lay off the carbs.
Smile
Back to top Go down
LIN

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 5:39 pm

missmanx, i would say your ovulation pain definately has something to do with the reductil. It seems quite a few of us are having some sort of disruption, except those that have had hysterectomies. Hopefully your pain passes soon and it is a side effect you can live with.
Back to top Go down
xserendipityx

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:02 pm

My period is due in the next couple of days and I can tell it's coming so everything seems normal so far. It's normal for your period to come early when you start losing weight. I don't know why though! Suspect Smile
Back to top Go down
LIN

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 5:19 pm

missmanx - how is your ovulation pain?
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 4:19 am

I can't stand this dizziness any longer, so i decided to miss todays pill to see if it made any difference.
Well what a difference it has made, 3 hrs later I felt the best I'd felt in 8 days, and by tonight i felt great.. though a little disappointed that I can't take reductil, I'm obviously sensitive to it.

But may i take this time to wish you gals all the very best in your weight loss!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Wendy
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 4:35 am

What a shame Winnie! But yeah if thyey make you feel dizzy it doesnt laeve you with much choice. Hope youll still stay in touch!
Back to top Go down
LIN

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:50 pm

oh my gosh. have just got another period. First gap was 14 days and this time 12 days. This is my third period since 20th July! I dont think I am going to enjoy reductil if this keeps up. I better get myself some iron tablets. anyone else having problems?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side Effects   Side Effects - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Side Effects
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Losers UNlimited! :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: