Losers UNlimited!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losers UNlimited!

Support for people attempting to lose weight, many of whom are using Reductil

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

think I know what I'm doing

Go down 
+7
shellstewart
Kaye
Mrdad
mattie171
pooh
kgd2
maggieb2
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Winnie
Admin

think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:42 am

cheers *puts hand up* I'm confused too lol! and I haven't even had a drink yet affraid

My Dad use to call me Pooh bear when I was little, sometimes it even changed into 'Wendy the sh*t when I was nawty, so Winnie seemed a good nickname to have Razz

I saw Admin on my profile and thought *Oh gawd what I have done ?* but since read Kaye has done it ... so thats ok Laughing jocolor
queen
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:44 am

OK so what does Admin mean Kaye??

Do I have to do something? What a Face
Back to top Go down
pooh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 3:31 am

It means you got to wear your 'mod' hat, which looks like this queen Hehehe, only kidding. I laughed at 'Wendy the naughty sh8t'!!!

I'm contemplating going to bed, but I can hear hubby snoring already Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
kgd2

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 4:06 am

evening girls bit late today ended up going to doc today I was feeling so yuk and throat was so sore he gave me some penicillin so should be feeling better soon darn I usually fight these things off and don't pick up to many but this one is a bi**h because I have been throwing up and feeling sick I have been struggling to eat but still taking reductil coz its just the normal flu thing
bet I'm bounce all over the place by saturday wow the thread is still going good isn't it and the numbers are picking up didn't think at the start it would get this big shows how positive we all are and also surprised how many are in the 100 k club really thought I was alone see ya all tomorrow
Back to top Go down
kgd2

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 3:49 pm

sunny morning girls ow I feel good today have been reading posts that I missed and couldn't agree more if the weight loss is to quick (as impatient as I am) its not good its better to be slow and steady. i am still finding it hard to stay off those darn scales but am winning my big question of the day is how do you get those lovely pic's beside your posts thanks Basketball
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 3:49 pm

Sad Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well! Stay tucked up in bed and catch lots of Sleep 's!

For those who were asking how fast Recuctil takes to act, I'm thinking it is fairly quick. I have been taking it for 10 days now, and havent felt hunger at all, until yesterday morning, when I kept getting the urge to go out to the kitchen to "browse" - something I havaent done the whole time. I was just starting to feel concerned that the tablets weren't working so well, when I realised I hadnt yet taken the morning's tablet. This was at about 11.30am - I usually take it btween 7 and 8am. I'm assuming its not psycholoogical, because it would hvae been the other way around if that was the case - " I havent had my tablet yet - ohhhh I'm hungry!" So that was intersting = praps its important to try and take it at pretty much the same time of day.
Back to top Go down
https://losers.forumotion.com
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 4:30 pm

OK I started my reductil today at 8 am....have a slightly dry mouth but thats it so far.

I have energy!!! I'm feeling soooo good, getting my jobs done etc.

Hope it continues too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:33 pm

Sounds like dry mouth is the most common side -effect. Just one word of warning, my dentist tells me that having a dry mouth caused by medication plays havoc with your teeth, as you dont have either the usual amount of saliva, and what you do have tends to not be great. She suggests regular drinks of water, and even putting a non-alcohol based mouthwash in a spray bottle and refreshing your mouth with that every so often. My mouth tastes like the bottom of a birdcage fairly regularly, because of teh antidepressants I'm on, and apparently my teeth are starting to show the strain. One more wisdom tooth gone today! Sad
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:35 pm

Idea I just thought - I wonder how much a tooth weighs? Thats gotta be worth a kilo or two? It felt the size of an elephant when she was fighting with it!
Back to top Go down
maggieb2

PostSubject: Hi everyone   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 11:07 pm

Very Happy sounds as if you are all doing well. cheers I've been doing OK. I'm very tempted to get to the Doctor and ask for these magic pills but I want to give it one more go on my own before I do that. I've been trying to increase my incremental exercise all week. Walking more from car parks to the supermarket and all that. Haven't been very hungry today but I have had lots more coffee and water than what I usually do. Not very healthy though. Having lasagne for dinner tonight with lots of veges. pig Am planning a lovely long walk tomorrow depending on the weather.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 5:52 pm

Kaye wrote:
recognize the signs before I get to the lightheaded stage, so I find I'm just having small snacks through the day. I don't think I feel quite as lively as I did last week, but certainly still motivated, and food wise, still not bothered about it ( and for me, who seemed to spend a large part of my life eating or thinking about food thats a major change!) And as far as rge depression taht someone on the TM thread mentioned - well it just wont happen! I have decreed that! queen lol! (If only it was taht easy, I'd also decree taht we will all wake up tomorrow at our desired weight!) By the way sorry about the spelling, my fingers get themselves out of order fairly regularly as you've no doubt noticed! Embarassed

I agree with trying to recognize the hunger signs Kaye, I think thats whats causing me to feel dizzy some times through out the day.

As for depression, I stopped my prozac three days before I started reductil as the Dr was very concerned that I'd get a reaction.
I'll tell you what, reductil is better than prozac!!
I feel better than I have in months, just getting out of bed was a mission, now I jump out of bed ready for the day - what a change around!!!

Keep up the good work Kaye Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 4:11 pm

Ooooo and I've even washed my drapes this morning lol!

Man I feel good!

cheers flower
Back to top Go down
maggieb2

PostSubject: winnie   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:58 pm

excellent to hear that you are feeling so good - well done! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:43 am

Basketball Its so good to see everyone so happy.Went on a long walk today.Think i went a bit to far.lol
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:41 am

I can't wait to start feeling "well" again. My tooth extractionm has become a bigger issue, I have now developed "dry socket" - basically an inflamation leaving me in agony - I'm still eating slush as anything else tends to hurt. However thanks to Reductil, I'm not spending every waking moment dreaming up what else I can puree! I'm just looking forward to this whole tooth problem being over so I can really enjoy the benfits of feeling good - at the moment I'm pushing so many extra-strong painkillers into me just to keep me upright. Roll on the painfree days! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:51 am

kaye i remmber what tooth ach is like you poor thing get some false teeth.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:12 am

Sad Oh kaye I remember only too well what a dry socket is like....AGONY!
I really empathize with you gal! Crying or Very sad

I can't even remember what I did to cope...pain killers I think and the dentist put some paste inside it, it was green and had like a clove taste.

Have you been back to your dentist?

((hugs))

Wendy flower
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:13 pm

Yes I went back to the dentist yesterday - thats when I found out it was dry socket. I had it a month or so ago when I had teh first wisdom tooth removed, and thought I'd avoided it this time. However, I had excrutiating pain from the tooth next to teh extracted one, and it seemed loose. I thought it was dislodged, and was begging her to take that one out too. She checked it out and even she was a little taken back at how nasty my dry socket looked!...
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:18 pm

She packed it with the iodine &clove paste stuff (which I have to say tastes like the worst thing you could imagine - but works !) and I did feel some relief. The pain by the time I staggered into her surgery was so bad the sweat was pouring off me. She also gave me a script for some stronger painkillers, which me, being an idiot decided later I wouldnt need! Yet again - I was wrong, so I will get it filled at Massey this morning. I think the pain is very slightly less today, but I am so drained by it that I'm not really able to judge. Anyways... the pain has to be betterin teh next few days - my daughter and granddaughter arrived in NZ from the US on Monday, they are still in Auckland, but will be arriving here next Thursday, so I want to be able to enjoy ahving them here! rabbit
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:21 pm

Mattie - have you got false teeth? If so, no problems? I think my teeth are arpidly getting to taht stage. I have quite a few missing, and the remaining ones are made up of more filling than tooth (courtesy school dental clinics in teh 60s!) and with the dry mouth that I have suffered for several years as a side effect of Arapax, they are getting steadily worse.
Back to top Go down
kgd2

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:41 pm

oh poor Kaye big hugs hope you feeling better soon
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:57 pm

I have upper dentures, and while I'd love to have my own teeth back they're better than none at all lol!

But like you Kaye, I have more fillings than teeth (on the lower jaw)...they say to keep your lower teeth as long as you can ,as lower dentures can be hard to adjust to as there's no suction down there.

Hope you're feeling better real soon

sunny
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 2:03 am

tongue yes i have got false teeth and they are always WHITE.Wouldnt like to pay out 4 a pair now.lol Have a good nite.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 2:37 pm

Have you got upper and lower ones Mattie?

flower
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 7:07 pm

Laughing both how do think i got this fat.lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: think I know what I'm doing   think I know what I'm doing - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

think I know what I'm doing
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Losers UNlimited! :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: