Losers UNlimited!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losers UNlimited!

Support for people attempting to lose weight, many of whom are using Reductil

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introductions

Go down 
+10
Mehrtsmagic
walker28
LIN
pooh
Mrdad
shellstewart
kgd2
maggieb2
Winnie
Kaye
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 5:51 am

lol! I posted this somewhere, but it got lost. Please introduce yourselves again because not everyone will have received teh intro email that we started originally.
I'm hoping the site will become easier to navigate with a little practice Rolling Eyes

I'm Kaye (aka baalamb) - I'm 46, live in Palmerston North with my darling husband Mike who is hugely supportive of me. We've been together 7 years now, and through those times he has willingly gone along with almost every diet known to mankind ( I however have been dieting for far more than just those 7 years!) Having seen me last so long and then lose momentum with each one, we both discussed me talking to the dr about Reductil, and, regardless of what happens with the cost staying on it for 6 months if it seems to work. I've always carried more weight than is good for me, and, when it was younger it was a matter of wanting to be slimmer to look good. However, as the years progress, I also realise that it is becoming something that will sooner or later affect my health (my mum died suddenly of a heart attack 4 years ago after struggling with her weight for quite a few years, and I can see myself following in her footsteps)However as you will all probably understand, even that knowledge hasnt been enough to make me knuckle down and get my weight under control. Reductil for me, is going to give me the opportunity, which until now, I have denied myself.

Anyway, thats me in brief - I have 2 adult daughters, 2 adult stepsons, 4 beautiful grandchildern and an adorable, but naughty cat, Ducati (hence the email name!)
Back to top Go down
https://losers.forumotion.com
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Forgot to mention, I am a fulltime Massey student,   Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 5:55 am

working towards a BA(English). I have just started my (hopefully) second to last semester: hope to have finished by this time next year. (And wont it be great to graduate without all those extra kilos!)
bounce I also work 2 1/2 hrs each day Mon-Fri as a caregiver.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:20 pm

lol! I just wrote a big long letter and it 'timed out' and I lost it all Sad
I think in future it would pay to copy the letter before you press the button, then you can just paste it on a new reply.

Here I go again......
Hi I'm Wendy and I live in Whitianga, although I did live 12 years in Palmerston North Very Happy
I haven't always struggled with my weight until my last baby 11 yrs ago. I also gave up smoking and gained 9 kgs .. then with all the diets I have tried , which would be most of them I gained an extra 6 kgs which brings it to 15 kgs all up
clown
The reductil thread on Trade Me is all in good timing for me.
I'm desperate again you see, so I thought of giving 'herbalife' a go, although I'm very reluctant to do this as it doesn't teach about portion control or re-educate eating habit's.
With reductil it would do all that plus more, and at a lesser cost.
I need an appetite suppressant as I've stretched my tummy by over eating and I can't control my portion size or my binge eating.

So I'm feeling hopeful about reductil, and keeping in touch with you all.
I'm off to the Dr's tomorrow - fingers crossed flower

Smiles from me ... Wendy sunny

Righto .. now I'm going to save this to an email before I post this time!! Idea
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:23 pm

Yayyyyyyyy!!!! It worked .. I didn't loose it this time *wipes sweat off brow*

bounce Like a Star @ heaven lol!

Wendy flower
Back to top Go down
maggieb2

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: hi everyone   Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 10:45 pm

I'm Margaret (maggieb2), 44 yrs old, married for nearly 15 years and mother to a Miss 12 and Master 10. Want to be able to fit my wedding and engagement ring properly before our 15th anniversary in December - that is my motivation. Been a long time since they fit me on the correct finger and I have always refused to have them resized - sort of felt like accepting the whole overweight thing to me instead of fighting it.
Back to top Go down
kgd2

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi guys I'm Chris I'm 50 years old I have been married for 22years to a wonderful and supportive man I have 3 sons oldest being 31 and was widowed when the youngest was 5 days old then married Ivan 4 years later and had 3 daughters two of which are twins we now have 3 foster children aged 14,12,10
they are pretty tough going but have had the older two for 10years and the younger one for 6years our twin girls are both pregnant with second children oh its great having grandbabies and we all get together for Sunday lunch a lot youngest girl and the oldest twin girl live local but rest live in Dunedin so have a way to come one son and family live in oz so they only get here for Christmas i count myself as a very lucky person to have children that are such good friends and we are very supportive of each other oh and we live in Dunback,otago inland from Palmerston south
Back to top Go down
shellstewart

shellstewart

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: HIYA -   Introductions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 4:26 pm

sunny Hey, im shell, 27. stay at home mum to crystal who is 7 and dylan, nearly one,.,. we live inwhangarei but spend alot of time in auckland as that is where our family live... i am on this and i have also been given an eating plan and exercise plan from dr. SO my goal weight is 80 (i was 82 when i got married to scott in 2005) and i am now 99kgs, eeeeekkk. we just had a death in the family so i couldnt reply as fst, back to auckland on thursday for funeral :-(
Back to top Go down
Mrdad

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Hi Im Vicky :)   Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi Guys Smile
Im Vicky mum to 4 great kids but unfornunatly the weight has piled opn over the years and with the see food habit i developed(see food and eat it) I have gained a massive 33kg:(.
I starter reductal last thursday and have to admit i feel great.
(pat on the back to us all)Take care girls and keep up the good work.
p.s im 36.
vic.
Back to top Go down
pooh
Admin

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Well I should probably introduce myself too ...   Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 4:11 pm

*Waves to everyone*

I'm Michelle and I've just turned 30. I got married in December last year to my lovely man whom I've been with for 7 1/2 years. We bought our first house in May last year and we have two four legged babies who are just so adorable. We don't have any two legged kiddies.

I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, and also have a history of eating disorders.

I often find I either eat really well, and my exercise is crapola, or I exercise really well, and my food is crapola! I can't seem to get the two of them right at the same time. So that's something I definetely need to work on.

And that's me flower
Back to top Go down
LIN

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: hiya, i am lin   Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 9:07 pm

i am 43 year old mother of four girls ranging from 4 yrs to 14 yrs. I live with my darling husband in auckland and work full time. I have spent so much time looking after everybody else that i have forgotton to take care of myself. I started reductil today and am excited at the prospect of changing my body shape.
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:59 pm

Great to see new members! We're up to 14 now! I think its good to have each other to support, and be supported by - we all know how hard it is to retain the momentum to try and lose weight, and by knowing we can get support here, it's surely got to make it easier to achieve our goals! flower
Back to top Go down
walker28

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi I'm Di from Te Awamutu.....I've just turned 54 and have been married for 35 yrs....have 4 adult children and 5 & 1/2 adorable grandies. My hubby has also been supportive of my "diets" over the years .....I also gave up smoking almost 6 years ago and have battled my weight since then. I started reductil last Friday and feel great....no hunger pains and seem to have lost a lot of interest in food!! With other diets I've been on it seemed to make me think of food non-stop...more so than if I wasn't on a diet!!!! Anyway, good luck to all....plan to weigh in tomorrow....can't wait! Cheers, Di
Back to top Go down
walker28

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: OH NO!!   Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 7:38 pm

Oh no!! just realised it looks like I'm the oldie in here lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:01 am

lol! O What the heck aye Di .... Age is only a number flower

Nice to have you on board chicky Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kgd2

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 4:11 am

don't be calling yourself old Di coz its not by much I'm very close lol!
welcome to all new people great to have your support and you have mine
Back to top Go down
Mehrtsmagic

Mehrtsmagic

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: I'm   Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 11:44 pm

Rachael, a cantabrian living in Auckland. Lost a lot of weight 18 months ago whilst living in a third world country, and sit just over the 100kg mark now. Have not been able to lose any further weight since being back in NZ, despite changing my lifestyle.
So, hopefully reductil will give my body the kick it needs.
Back to top Go down
missmanx

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: My intro   Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:24 pm

Waves to walker28 cheers I am in Te Awamutu as well!

I am 34 years old and have three awesome kids aged 13, 1 and 8 and I work full time. I am getting married in January 2008 and desperately want to shift some kgs! I used to be the right weight for my height but after each baby more and more piled on and now I need to lose about 30kg to be properly healthy again. At this stage I will be thrilled to bits with 20kg before the wedding!

I have an appointment with my dr on friday and all going well he will let me start!

Hope to update soon!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 2:44 pm

I've worked out I need to loose 16 kgs affraid

Slowly but surely I guess Laughing

Hi to everyone *waves* hope your week is going well?

Wendy sunny
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 2:46 pm

Missmanx let us know how you get on with Dr tomorrow.
Nice to have you aboard Very Happy

Wendy flower
Back to top Go down
missmanx

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:29 pm

Thanks Winnie, I will!!
Oh and I just re read my post above and my 1 key is a bit sticky! The kids are 13, 11 and 8 not 1 Smile

I am nervous about seeing the dr, I don't know if he will be happy to prescribe reductil to me or not. I am pretty sure that all that will hold me back physically is my blood pressure.

Ah well, wont know til I get there I guess. Hes probably going to growl at me cos I am due for a smear, maybe I can bargain with that Laughing
Back to top Go down
mattie171

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 8:01 pm

Very Happy wellcome to the fattie club Missmanx.There sure is a lot of us around.
Back to top Go down
xserendipityx

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:28 pm

Hi, I'm Fiona. I'm 28 years old and have a 9 year old son. I'm trying to get down to about 55kgs before my dp and I attempt IVF next year. I started Reductil 3 days ago but plan to weigh in on Mondays so today I sit at 68.1kgs. I'm on the 15mg tabs and finding them great so far. Nice to meet you all. flower
Back to top Go down
mattie171

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 2:03 am

Very Happy hi Fiona welcome .Good luck for your IVF and your weight lost. flower
Back to top Go down
xserendipityx

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 3:10 pm

Thanks Mattie!!! afro
Back to top Go down
LIN

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi fiona, I am the same height and weight as you, my goal weight also is 55kg. I started a bit before you - toady day 14, down 2.5kg so far. Good luck to you - bet ya catch up and pass me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Losers UNlimited! :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: