Losers UNlimited!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losers UNlimited!

Support for people attempting to lose weight, many of whom are using Reductil

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Grrrrrr

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pooh
Admin

Grrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Grrrrrr   Grrrrrr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 4:04 pm

Ok, so I know I shouldn't weigh myself so often, but I just fall into a really bad trap of doing it every morning when I wake up before I jump in the shower No Anyway, yesterday morning I was horrified to discover that since starting the reductil I had gained, yes GAINED 500gms! So I thought this morning I'd try again, just to see what was happening, and bugger me, I'd GAINED more weight!! So since starting on Monday, in three days I've GAINED 1.3kgs?!?! pale What the heck. I know fluctuates etc, but by that much?! Lordy. The only thing I can put this morning's gain down to (or up to as the case may be!) is I did go to the gym last night, whereas normally I go in the mornings, and did drink a bit of water, and also ate quite late last night. It's just so disheartening. Anyway ... have decided to make Saturdays my weigh in days as that just works well for me. Now I'm not sure whether to keep on going till Saturday, or just start afresh on Saturday. Perhaps I should just keep on keeping on, so I don't end up looking like this Arrow elephant

Last edited by on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kgd2

Grrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grrrrrr   Grrrrrr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 4:11 pm

darn my only thoughts on this is maybe because your exercising your gaining muscle at a greater rate and muscle weighs more that fat so try taking your measurements I'm having a real struggle with staying off the scales as well might put mine away till Monday so I'm not tempted
Back to top Go down
pooh
Admin

Grrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grrrrrr   Grrrrrr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks chicky, it could be that eh. It's so hard being a girl! Rolling Eyes I think I just have to grow some balls and just stick to weighing myself on a Saturday only. Weighing once a week would give me a better indication of where I'm at.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

Grrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grrrrrr   Grrrrrr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 6:10 pm

Pooh theres some info on the reductil leaflet about exercise and gaining weight on reductil.

I'll go fetch it and type it down for ya......

Here you go;
Please be aware, that if you do increase your level of exercise, your weight reduction may be delayed as the build up of muscle can override fat reduction.

So cheer up Pooh .. all's not lost flower
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

Grrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grrrrrr   Grrrrrr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:06 pm

Yep hang in there! I've found in the past, if taht happens or you erach a plateau, just hang in there and keep doing what you've been doing, and you'll be rewarded with an EXTRA good loss then! Could also be time-of-the-month? I've had a hysterectomy, so dont know when I would have been having a period, but I still retain liquid, and can usually trace it regular as clockwok by the scales. I'm like some of you, and cant help weighing myself every morning. Likewise, mine has stayed static since Monday, so I'm likewise preparing myself for the fact its likely to start climbing upwards... But hang in there - remember our good work will pay off, just may not show on a day by day basis!
Back to top Go down
https://losers.forumotion.com
pooh
Admin

Grrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grrrrrr   Grrrrrr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:48 pm

Thanks girlies I love you

I wonder if what winnie typed would apply to me, cause I don't do weights at the gym, just treadmill, so I'm not really building muscle, or maybe I am tongue Also last night at the gym, while on the treadmill I was thinking how hard I was working but I wasn't sweating as much as I normally do, so perhaps it is something to do with fluid retention or something, cause over the course of the day yesterday I would have drank a litre of water.

Oh well, I shall carry on so I don't look like my wee friends pig and elephant And I'll stick to Saturday as weigh day (or at least I'll try to) geek
Back to top Go down
missmanx

Grrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Water, water, water!!   Grrrrrr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:37 pm

Its important for weight loss to keep up your water intake, preferably 2lts a day not including coffee, tea etc. And remember that any drinks with caffeine in them (this includes diet coke) and anything with a lot of sodium in it will make you retain fluid. Switch to decaf or herbal teas or at least cut down on coffees etc. I have been drinking what I call 'fun free coke' (caffeine and sugar free).

Hehe, hope that didn't sound like a lecture! I feel a bit stink, if I followed my own advice I wouldn't be here! LOL Just put it down to having been on every diet known to man and knowing all there is to know about weight loss except how to do it myself!!

I love you
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

Grrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grrrrrr   Grrrrrr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi MissMAnx - welcome! Dont worry I dont think any of us will be offended by your post - we're all easy going here! Like you, I feel I'm an expert in the field - in theory; I just havent mastered the actual doing either! Again though any tips and ideas are always good bounce
Back to top Go down
https://losers.forumotion.com
kgd2

Grrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grrrrrr   Grrrrrr Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi mismanx good to have you aboard all advise gratefully received thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grrrrrr   Grrrrrr Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grrrrrr