Losers UNlimited!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losers UNlimited!

Support for people attempting to lose weight, many of whom are using Reductil

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Winnie
Admin

I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Empty
PostSubject: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 7:29 pm

Idea I thought it a good way to make me move.
It's surprising how many steps I don't do Wink I thought a walk around the block twice a day would bring me close to 10.000 steps, but it doesn't .. it only gave me 2.000 Exclamation affraid

So it's given me a real eye opener and I'm only just staring to realize how much more walking I will need to do.

It also came with a book that tells me how many steps I need to do if I indulge in a certain type of food .... it's put me off bingeing believe me !!

anyone else got a pedometer?

Wendy study
Back to top Go down
shellstewart

shellstewart

PostSubject: HI!!   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:45 pm

I had one of those and i think its like 7-8 kms to get 10,000 steps,.. freaky really!!
Back to top Go down
pooh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 4:43 pm

Good on you winnie, that's really fab. You'll be out bouning around in the street getting your steps done bounce

I have a pedometer, but ... I don't know how to use it!!! And it came with no instructions. So helpful, not! Maybe hubby can sort it out for me. Hmm I think I should dig it out and start using it affraid
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 6:05 pm

It's not hard to use Pooh.
Just press the reset button, clip it onto your belt or waist band of your trousers/skirt in line with your knee, and off you go.
(Press the reset button every morning)
It will record your steps, write them down each day Very Happy

My cheap one broke yesterday so I've ordered a decent one off the 10.000 steps website, then I'll be set

Cool
Back to top Go down
pooh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:35 pm

Oh no, where did you get your cheap one from? And how much are they from the website you mentioned? I might look into it if I find mine doesn't work. Mine's a sanitarium one I got free from the vegetarian cafe in town so I'll have to give it a whirl.

I'd hate to think how little steps I do. I'm a legal secretary, full time, so sit down most the day Embarassed pig

Do you know if you can wear them / use them on the treadmill etc?
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:59 pm

Hmmm I wouldn't say mine was cheap, it was $49.95 but has 3 options on it .. calories,distance and steps, also comes with a free safety belt thingee.

www.10000steps.co.nz

sunny

I did get a cheap one and got what I paid for No it broke

I have tried this new one before and its fab king
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 11:01 pm

Click onto 'order now'
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:41 pm

Yes, I've got one somewhere, it was only a cheapie that I bought off TM (where else Question ) but thye few times I've used it its been okay, and also a revelation as to how few steps I do, even in a day taht I consider busy! Have to say though, I was extremely embarrassed when up at Masseyone day, I walked into a toilet cublcle, dropped my pants, forgetting abouit the pedometer, and it flew off and skidded under the door! One very red face Embarassed as I pulled up my pants, went out and retrieved it and slunk back into teh cubicle!
Back to top Go down
https://losers.forumotion.com
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:28 am

Got my new pedometer today and wow it's rather flash Laughing

I did the same route as the other day and clocked up 7000.00 steps, so goes to show how the cheap one was misleading .. t'was a nice surprise flower

aiming for ten thousand steps, and won't take too long to achieve that, I jsut need to be motivated rendeer

See [b]"I'd be unstoppable if only I could get started!!"[/u][i] lol!
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:23 am

11837 steps today cheers I'm rapt!
Got my Ab pro king today so will be able to do some tummy exercises as well.

How's everyone else doing on the exercise?

sunny
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 2:15 am

Yeh Mattie they're really good to have.

I'd recommend them flower
Back to top Go down
shellstewart

shellstewart

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 4:58 pm

I try to walk 40 minutes each day, i have been doing really well, but on thrusday (day of funeral) i didnt walk, and yesterday - the day we came one, and then went straight to a birthday party i didnt walk, but every day i have managed - which is cool :-) im going to loan a pedometer from sport northland which is very cool, the info for that should arrive shortly an they are sendign me stuff about different walking routes and classes in my area,, i was offered egg free choco cake during hte week and it was in the house the whole time we were staying and i wasnt even tempted, it was a very cool feelign, and everyone was having lollies,, not i :-) yay!!!
Back to top Go down
shellstewart

shellstewart

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 4:59 pm

I try to walk 40 minutes each day, i have been doing really well, but on thrusday (day of funeral) i didnt walk, and yesterday - the day we came one, and then went straight to a birthday party i didnt walk, but every day i have managed - which is cool :-) im going to loan a pedometer from sport northland which is very cool, the info for that should arrive shortly an they are sendign me stuff about different walking routes and classes in my area,, i was offered egg free choco cake during hte week and it was in the house the whole time we were staying and i wasnt even tempted, it was a very cool feelign, and everyone was having lollies,, not i :-) yay!!!
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:44 am

cheers way to go shell cheers
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 1:31 am

hi everyone didnt go for a walk today had to many visters they just keep coming.today is the 1st time i have missed.Hurry up summer then we can go at nite.Have a good week.Cant wait till i go back to the Drs to get weight.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 5:45 pm

Yesterday was piddling down and with thunder, but I didn't feel like sitting around so I put on my waterproof pants and coat and off I went. I did my sons paper run and was tired but I felt good once I got home.
However my cellphone that was sitting in my waterproof coat pocket was filled with water affraid
it's in the hot water cupboard drying out and I'm hoping it's not stuffed Exclamation

Can't trust anything these days except reductil lol!

Have a good week

bounce
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 2:20 am

Very Happy GO winne have brought one of those step thingies today have been walking round the house with it.lol.I still feel BLOODY great.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:24 am

LoL I feel blardy great too lol!

Enjoy your step thingee, and write down the steps you do each day - tis good to look back on

flower
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 4:08 pm

Ooooooo I did 13000 steps yesterday! My all time high so far alien

I've been for my morning walk today ... getting a puppy was the best thing I did for myself, she needs a daily walk - so I HAVE to go everyday lol!

And shock affraid horror affraid I've even washed my curtains!!
Be afraid .. be very affraid lol!

Thanks Reductil flower
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:48 am

Very Happy go hard winne i went 4 long walk today and 4got to put my step thingie on.Couldnt bloody belive it.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:09 am

Awww buggar mattie! lol!

I haven't done as much today - been really tired.
Had a sleep this afternoon, Miss 13 walked in and I was snoring on the couch!!
I'm hoping as I loose weight the snoring will cease Very Happy
Still feel tired and REALLY thirsty!

sunny
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:46 am

Sleep its goog to have a nana nap.lol
Back to top Go down
mattie171

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 2:47 am

lol! i mean good not goog.
Back to top Go down
Winnie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:14 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kaye
Admin
Kaye

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:10 pm

Oh yeah! Razz I'm a great believer in Nana naps! However since being on Reductil I dont feel the urge or the need! I still sleep really well at night, and though I am back to still felling tired in the mornings, I think thats due to the number of painkillers in my system.
Back to top Go down
https://losers.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps   I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've purchased a pedometer to encourage more steps
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Losers UNlimited! :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: